Monday, March 23, 2009

Ten K, musical fusion.... and relief to boot!

So proud right now!

My sister, brother, cousin and bff have started a band... yes its been in the making for a few years now, but at the advent of my 21st this coming April I decided to see whether I could coerce them into getting it together seriously to play for the crowd.

Things got off to a shaky start, I will admit.
For a while there I thought they weren't gonna pull it off!
I recruited myself as band manager (aka whip cracker, ranter, major bitch-head- this is only because I have no musical talent other than a serious music appreciation) and thus I can't say I had the sunniest disposition at any of the rehearsals.... until tonight!

I don't know what happened but it seems as though all of a sudden they've gelled- and in the most amazing way. The songs sound brilliant- the covers AND the original ( the bff came up with the riff at the very 1st rehearsal just mucking around, the cuz came in with a beat- and musical history was made- my sister and I spent a day coming up with a melody and lyrics- then the bro came in with some killer lead breaks!)

I can now sleep at night- its been bugging me a little- I don't want them making fools of themselves up there... but now I know for sure it wont happen. They are going to blow minds- not many know, and those that do kinda think it's a joke, so this will really
stick it right up 'em!


So I salute u Ten K... and thank you eternally.
This will be a birthday to remember- not only for the night, but also for the memories of a collective journey leading to it.

Peace

1 comment:

  1. I'm wondering if I can hire 10K to create an original piece of music, say something melancholy, something sweet, something elusive, for the main song of my film. If they would like to have a go at something, record a demo, it may just make the cut!...also I would like to be inducted as the very first fan of 10K and that being the most important fan...thanking you

    ReplyDelete